We all have a soul, or spirit within our bodies. If everything were to go according to plan, when we pass on, our spirit will “Cross Over” to the “other side”. The other side is really just a different dimension and crossing over is just us leaving our physical body to return to spirit but the phrases, ‘cross over’, and, ‘other side’, will serve for this post.
Things you may see…
We all have an etheric body that is an exact duplicate of the body we now have. It is a part of our Aura and extends out a few inches from our physical body. When our physical body dies, our etheric (energy) body stays the same for a time. If you swear you saw your grandfather standing in your living room at the same moment he passed on this would be his etheric body that you saw.
Entities encompass pretty much everything listed below. It is important to know though, that an entity can be just an “energy field” that inhabits a place. For instance if you live in a place where, in the past, there was a battle and death, you may just have the “energy” of the battle without having a “specific person” in your space.
Our Spirit is the part of us that never dies. The only people who can talk to spirits are mediums. Being a medium may be more common than you think. If you have talked to a spirit, you are a medium. (the strength of mediumship abilities varies).
An earthbound spirit is a soul that has not yet crossed over to the other side.
A ghost is an earthbound spirit that has been around for quite a long time.
A poltergeist is a ghost that has been around for a very long time and has learned how to manipulate matter. These are not necessarily ‘evil’. They just are. At one time they were human just like you. Pity would be a more appropriate emotion than fear. You can have these entities cleared by a professional. Clearing “entities” is not my specialty. I have done it a few times, but generally speaking it’s not my forte and I would refer you to others for that. If I find I am living in a space with ghosts I pay to have someone else clear them or cross them over for me.
There are many different reasons why someone may not cross over when they pass.
Some common reasons are:
- Sometimes if their passing was quite traumatic or sudden they may not know that they are dead. They go about their business on earth having no idea why people cannot see them.
- Some do not know that their loved ones have crossed over to the other side and they are waiting here for them.
- Some are afraid because of their religious practices while they were living. Either their beliefs do not support an ‘other side’, or they are so fearful about “hell” (which does not exist), that they are determined they’d rather just stay here than cross into the light.
- They may have what they consider to be ‘unfinished business’.
- They may be unwilling to leave behind a physical “thing”.
Whatever the reason(s), this is not where they belong. If you have a ghost in your home, the kind thing to do would be to have someone help you to have them cross over.