I know many people that are absolutely convinced that they are going to win the lottery. That is their entire life plan. Win the lottery and then everything will be okay.
They have watched The Secret, and they think they have learned all there is to know about the law of attraction. They study, they read, they watch videos, read my blog, and they think that if they put it on a vision board the lotto win is pretty much theirs.
The thing is, I am pretty sure that the odds of the 5 people closest to me ALL winning the lotto are pretty slim. They all feel it coming though. Every one of them says “I feel it, I am going to win the lottery”.
This is a feeling. What if it’s not that they are going to win the lottery, but that they truly believe they will feel better – later. They think winning the lottery will make them feel better. What if it’s not the lottery, but that our financial system is going to go to crap and everything will melt down and all this financial stuff won’t matter later? Same feeling as winning the lottery.
What is in the energy field of people who think they will win the lottery
They know the “Law of Attraction” is what gets them what they want. They think that if they just keep focusing on the lottery and buying tickets they will win eventually.
The reason they are less likely to win the lottery is because they limit themselves to thinking that that is the ONLY way they can get ahead, get what they want, or dig out of debt, or out of their current situation. In thinking about the lotto every day, they totally limit every other source of abundance from coming to them. They shut down inspiration, that connection with their higher self, their ability to create.
There could be a lot of money just waiting to come to them, but they won’t take action towards it because they are so depressed about their current situation they talk themselves into the fact that only a lotto can get them out of this mess (this mess that they created). When they have an inspired idea, they push it aside because they ‘can’t afford it’ ~ at least not until they win the lottery.
If you spend $10 a week on lotto because that is the only way you can see yourself succeeding in life you are essentially taking $520 per year out of your pocket (savings, investments, debt reduction), and blowing it.
You will not win the lottery if you keep thinking that that is the ONLY way. It is the energy behind it. What if there is an investment, job or business opportunity that is staring you right in the face and you decide that you cannot do it unless you win the lotto. You really want it, but you’ve convinced yourself that you will win the lotto; you are well versed on the LoA and just know that if you win the lotto THEN you can do what you are thinking of. If you don’t win the lotto, you won’t ever be able to fulfill your dreams.
This is the most limiting thought anyone can have, and it is sad.
I swear that “the people at the top”, put the movie “The Secret” out there just to keep people from taking any action in their lives. “Hey, let’s tell them that all they have to do is create a vision board and they will have everything they want. They don’t have to work, they don’t have to strive or try, just imagine. Most people will buy into this in a heartbeat, no one wants to think they have to work. Our world is changing and energy and creating is getting easier for all of us. They intuitively know that energy can help them, let’s put it out (in a movie) in such a way that they actually get this new earth energy working AGAINST them. Then they will stay disempowered, say energy doesn’t work, it’s all BS, and be even more screwed up then they were before.”
What a perfect plan. That will keep them (you) in line.
How to let the Law of Attraction work in your favour:
Don’t limit yourself to ‘winning the lottery’ to get where you want to be. Do be open to the fact that there are bazillions of ways for money to come to you. Most of them aren’t even on your radar. Focusing only on the lottery creates an energy of lack and of not believing there could be another way.
When you have an idea of what you want your life to look like later, what you are striving to have, DON’T tell yourself, “I can’t do that until I have the money, I will need to win the lottery to make this happen”.
When you are inspired to do something positive, do it. If you need to wait for funds before you do it, then feel good about what you want to do, and say something like “I don’t know how, but this is a really good idea, so I will do what I can to start getting it going”. This may involve researching what it is, or completing something else, or just cleaning up some aspect of your life as it is now (see below). Or even working with someone like me, or an energy healer that can help you move past your limiting beliefs.
If you are overrun with debt, don’t say “I know I owe money, it’s too much, it’s always there, I’ll never pay it off unless I win the lottery anyway so screw it, there’s no sense in trying. I may as well have something for myself now.” Instead of saying that, say. “I have a lot of debt, I lived beyond my means (if you didn’t you wouldn’t owe anything). I am going to pay this off no matter what. I don’t know how, but I WILL pay it back”. And then DO IT. Even if it is $10 at a time, PAY IT BACK. You borrowed, you spent, pay it back. If your debt is what is holding you back from being able to invest in other things (like yourself), you need to make paying back your debt a priority.
The Law of Attraction WILL bring you what you feel. If you truly feel that winning the lotto is the only way to go, you will shut down any road to money that is NOT the lottery. If your energy is on “I don’t know how, but I will do it”, then what you want can flow to you because you are not dictating EXACTLY what it is supposed to look like, you are not shutting down the other avenues that could potentially be available to you.
How to Get What You Want
- Celebrate the little things. The more you celebrate the little things and realize how little things can add up, the more flow you allow in your energy. It is called gratitude. Gratitude will get you a LOT more than entitlement ever will.
- If you buy coffee at Starbucks you could say, its only $5 per day. Well that is $1800 per year. If you want/need money, have dreams, want to “Manifest” better things; then saving $1800 per year will get you closer. The energy of saving (or paying back) $1800 is much different than the energy of “I work hard, I’m entitled to nice coffee every day”.
- You think you need to win the lotto, but what if you had an idea, job, investment, or whatever that paid you $300/day. Even if it only paid you $300 day on weekdays for 10 months of the year, that would be $90,000.
- I see a lot of you that make $300 (over any timeframe, day, week, fortnight) and say “that’s not enough, I need to win the lottery”. Right there BAM, you shut down any opportunity you have to make your next $300. “It’s only $300, I want/need more, its not enough.” Are you grateful for the $300 (enabling more flow to you), or are you entitled to more?
- The LoA works. If you use it to your ADVANTAGE, you would say “Wow, I just made $300! That’s fantastic, lets do it again!” Then you would let go of any expectations you have and feel really good about the $300 you made. LoA would bring you more of that feeling ~ whether it comes in $2, $20, $200, or $2million, increments. It won’t even matter to you, because you will know there’s always more and it’s on its way. You will have that feeling no matter the amount.
- Don’t mistake this with “Oh, I will spend my rent money on a nice dinner date, there’s more on the way”. That will NOT create the energy you are looking for. It will do the exact opposite if you have been the least bit worried about your rent or debt. What it does in that case, is you get the money, you spend it on a want instead of a need (because you have a subconscious belief that you never get what you want anyway), and your needs still aren’t met. You have just “proven” to yourself that the Law of Attraction DOESN’T work, because you are still worried about paying rent ~ and that worry energy will shut down more flow.
If you truly believed that the Law of Attraction could work FOR you instead of AGAINST you all the time, you would take care of what you NEED to take care of, KNOWING that your wants will come. It’s just that most of you spend on your wants instead of needs and it perpetuates this never ending circle of ‘I can’t get ahead unless I win the lottery”.