There will never be a time in your life that you are not challenged in one area or another. Never. Even if your life is relatively good, you will still have challenges. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could find a way to enjoy each challenge as it came along?
Your thoughts are what create your feelings. Your thoughts and feelings are what creates your next steps. Unless and until you can look at each challenge on its own, and see it for what it is, and work to get past it, you won’t allow yourself to be happy.
Funny phrase you won’t allow yourself to be happy. A lot of you will say that you want to be happy, that I am full of it. But really, it is you who is creating this. Not your boss, your mate, your kids, the government. It is you.
Because you will always have a challenge in your life, if you decide that this challenge is too hard, will never go away, or is someone else’s fault, you won’t be able to move past it. Your intuition cannot buck the current of your determination to place blame somewhere.
I’m not saying this to make you feel badly. I am saying this because its true. You are so very powerful. You are a creator. It is totally in your power to overcome any challenge that may come your way. Your first step is to always realize that you have personal power, personal power over yourself and your own thoughts, feelings and actions.
Some challenges are bigger than others, that is a given. Being challenged in your scope of work, or in a sport is easier than losing someone you love or having an illness. But big or small, there are ways you can support yourself through your challenges.
What is the difference between people who get past big challenges and people who don’t?
- People who get past challenges take responsibility for their own feelings right now, they don’t wallow and blame. Try it, this can create a huge shift in your energy immediately. Huge.
- They acknowledge that sometimes life just isn’t fair. Because its not. If you walk around thinking that life should be fair, chances are you will be disappointed ~ a lot.
- They look at a challenge as a reason to change something. You are either growing or dying. If you never change anything, you aren’t growing, so what does that leave you?
- They don’t wait for someone else to come in and change something, or rescue them, or put the past back the way it used to be. They take action.
- They don’t look to the past and wish it was still the same. Sometimes life throws you curveballs. You can’t go back.
- They don’t turn to drugs, alcohol, food, sex or other self-destructive behaviours. They know that they are responsible for themselves, and they generally don’t treat themselves badly like that.
- They don’t glorify the past. “Oh that was the perfect job, relationship, home…” If it was perfect, it would still be there. See things for what they are NOW.
You have absolute power over how you choose to feel and the actions you choose to take. Every time. Way too many of you were disempowered by your parents or other important people in your life. Isn’t it time that you started to forget all those disempowering things you’ve been told?
Even in a 12 Step Program they say, “we admitted we were powerless”. Don’t believe it for a minute. People wouldn’t heal if they were powerless. Sometimes we do need to surrender, but there can be a lot of power in surrender.
You are never powerless to overcome a challenge unless you choose to give away your power to something external (just for the record, praying is not external You are God.) Whether you give it away willingly to another person, or unwittingly by your thoughts, that is the only way you aren’t powerful in certain situations. Do remember though, you are still creating, even if you feel powerless. I can tell you from personal experience, it is much more comfortable to create with intention rather than by default of thinking there is nothing you can do.