Definitions of Psychic Abilities

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the type of readings I do, I have put some definitions on this page for you to look at. There are also links to other sites that may explain some things in more detail for you.

The website also has some definitions explaining some different types of psychic abilities click here


Clair = clear; voyance = to see

Clairvoyance is a sixth sense. It is the power to see objects and visions. The visions can be in the past, present or future. The sixth sense is related to the images that are always present that bring messages from other dimensions. These images can be shape, colors, still, animated and remain only for a few seconds or last a longer time. They can be ‘seen’ with eyes open or closed.


Clair = clear; audience = hearing

Clairaudience means ‘clear-hearing’ in French, and is used to denote the faculty of extra sensory hearing, that is the perception of sounds, voices and music not audible to normal hearing.


Clairsentience means ‘clear sensing’ in French, and is the faculty of super-physical sense perception. It overlaps with other psychic abilities such as clairaudience and clairvoyance, and is the psychic perception of smell, taste, touch, emotions and physical sensations, registered either internally or externally. Clairsentience manifests as brief smells, sounds, or sights.

Akashic Records

The Akashic Records contain all information and knowledge about human experience, the cosmos, and each and every human life with all their past lives. Records of all that is, was and ever will be.
Many clairvoyants (psychics), access them for clients through visualizations of a large library with record books or filing systems.
The information contained in the Akashic Records contains information from the Collective Consciousness of all and from the Universal Energy. The information is available to every soul on earth through meditation and practice, NOT just to a select few.
Many people think that the records cannot be changed, however, they can. We are here on earth to experience. Without the ability to change the records our experiences would be very limited indeed.

We are also here to bring heaven to earth. If we were stuck in a place where we could not learn, change and grow, we would not be able to manifest the changes we are seeing right now on Earth.


A medium is a person who is able to sense the presence of a nonphysical entity, either through the physical senses or by way of thoughts and impressions conveyed by the entity. From the most fundamental perspective, this nonphysical information is spiritual energy that is emanated by entities residing beyond the veil. Mediumship, is the act and process of conveying this energy into the physical realm.


Para = Beyond; Psychology = Study of how our minds work.

= The study of how our minds work beyond the everyday ways of thinking.

According to scientists we only use 10% of our brains. I believe that people with psychic abilities use part of the other 90%. It is also my belief that anyone can work on using a higher percentage of their brain; therefore developing their psychic abilities.


Pre = Before; Cognition = know

Precognition means to know before (as in knowing before something happens)


Retro = back; Cognition = know

Knowing the past


Tele = distance; pathy = feelings

= feelings from a distance, or knowing thoughts and feelings from a distance.


Psyco = mind; Kinesis = move

= moving things with the mind


The ability to receive information about an object or the owner of an object, by holding the object.

Remote Viewing

The ability to gather information about a person, place, or ‘target’ that is in an area other than in the physical perception of the viewer. Or, viewing something that is in a remote place.

Get Your Free E-Book

Web form 150 cover art (the magic of easy energy work with border and added effects (114x150)

Subscribe to get your free E-book and to sign up for inspiration and timely updates.

I promise I won't send you any spam. Powered by ConvertKit